* I took up cussing for about a month in college. I figured it was a pretty safe form of rebellion. I didn't smoke or do drugs or come home with a bird tattoo, so I needed something. And I had always wondered what it'd be like to cuss at inanimate objects. It was short-lived, obviously, but it's one of those things I don't have to wonder about anymore.
* I used to get Starbucks before going to my job at another coffeehouse.
* I have a fake succulent plant.
I jumped on the bandwagon when succulents became cool because, honestly, when else has a plant been so trendy? I had a house full of real ones, because all the websites say it's pretty much impossible to kill them. And I killed them all. So I potted a fake one, with real dirt and everything.
* I don't like Downton Abbey.
I know, I know.
* I went through a Weird Al phase in middle school during which I owned two CD's and his movie. Thirteen-year-old Heather truly fascinates me.
* In college, my sister and I happened upon some baby ducklings for sale so, naturally, we bought two and took turns hiding them in our dorm rooms. We didn't keep them for very long because they smelled terrible, but we never did get caught.
* I'm that girl who instagrams pictures of her coffee and shoes. I'm annoyed by me, too.
*I didn't cry when I got engaged. Or married. Even though at the ceremony my husband surprised me with a song he wrote for me on a ukulele.
And yet I cried once during a Folgers commercial. Folgers. The worst coffee ever.
*Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I watch the Disney channel. I don't know, it just happens.