Monday, September 30, 2013

31 days of love letters



I thought maybe I would take a break from blogging for October.

I wasn't sure that it was life-giving to me anymore, that it served any real purpose. Is it worth it? Does it point to Jesus and not to me? I didn't know, but I was getting tired of worrying about it.

And so, just as I was about to announce my break, I began to hear about The Nester's 31 Days of Blogging in October. And I kept coming back to that, as if something was telling me I needed to do it.

That doesn't make sense, I thought. I'm trying to take a break here, not write for thirty-one days straight. Besides, what would I even be able to write about for that many consecutive days?

And suddenly things began to connect in my mind. I've been a long-time fan of More Love Letters, the organization that encourages letter-writing to stragers, leaving notes of encouragement on park benches, cafe tables, etc. I don't do this as often as I'd like, but love it when I do.

I thought, why not write love letters right here? To the lovely people who find their way to this tiny corner of the Internet?

So this will be my blog for the next month, nothing but letters. I don't want to do an awkward, lengthy introduction to it, but I thought I'd give you a little heads up.

See you here tomorrow, friends :)






9 comments:

  1. oh yay :) i am so excited for this! can't wait for october...well, i guess i can. it's only 2 days away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I'm obsessed with More Love Letters! Last year I worked in an elderly village and left notes for old people all around the wooded walkways and ice cream parlors, it was so much fun :) I can't wait to see what you write. I know what you mean about wanting to blog for a purpose, but I'm glad you're sticking around this month. Your words always encourage and inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds fabulous. Looking forward to reading everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea!!! I'm so excited to read and be encouraged by them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this idea. i myself have written a collection of love letters on my tumblr. mostly to people that i've fallen in love with like "dear mr sweater boy" :) i look forward to your series!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I reply to comments via email, so make sure you're not a no-reply blogger! xo

 
T I C K L E D Y E L L O W © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat