This is not a Gap ad. We just like our colored jeans (apparently). Also note: our faces, or lack thereof. Was I trying to be artistic? Or was I just having a bad hair day? I'll leave that to your imagination.
- Camping in the backyard. We wanted to try out the camping gear we got for our wedding, so we pitched the tent in the backyard one night. We brought our laptop out and watched movies...so much fun!
- Going sailing in Florida. Maybe this doesn't count since we were on vacation, but one of our favorite days together was when we rented a little hobie-cat (a baby sailboat). Neither of us knew how to sail, so it was fun to try something new together. Even if we did come back sunburnt.
- Monday morning breakfast dates. Monday is our day off, and one of our favorite things to do on our lazy day is to go to Panera for breakfast. Sometimes we bring a book that we're both reading and read it together while drinking multiple cups of Hazelnut coffee. Cozy and cute.
- Our dorky photo shoots. Bless Trevor's heart. I love taking pictures even though my camera is basically a dinosaur and, since we have no pets or children, he is my go-to subject. But we always have a lot of fun, scouting out cool places to take pictures. Our Christmas pictures were taken on such an outing:
I wasn't kidding about looking twelve years old.
- Having a sleepover in the living room. Air mattress + movie + card games = best at-home date ever.
- Going to a midnight movie. In our PJs!
- Touring a vineyard. Wine. Pretty scenery. Photo ops. It's a good time. I would recommend not going on a rainy day, however.
- Weddings. Other people's weddings are the bomb. People still say "the bomb", right? Thought so. You don't have to plan anything, you don't have to stress, you just show up and party. It's a free date night, and it's already all romantic and stuff. Win.
- The Farmer's Market. When we went for the first time, I kind of made a scene. "Oh my gosh, LOOK AT THE BABY SQUASH." Vegetables are just so much cuter at the farmer's market. If you have never been, trust me, it will change your life forever.
What are some of your favorite date ideas?