Monday, November 18, 2013

art



I wonder sometimes why I bother with art. With blogging, with paper crafting, with stringing stupid pine cones and felt leaves around the apartment. Crafts, paint, camera. Why? What do these things matter?

I don't know.

But I do know this.

When the bills are piling high and we are scrounging for loose change, I suddenly want to create.
When the days are short and the sun sets far too soon, I want to cut and paste.
When things get too loud in my head, I want to write.
When I need to see the beautiful things in this ordinary life, I reach for the camera. 

And that's all I know. And maybe that's all that matters. 












16 comments:

  1. mmmm yes. sometimes we just need to create for creativity's sake. it inspires and keeps us going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these words.
    it's in us. That's why we have to create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. Creativity is such a blessing and a part of who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! For me, it's an escape from everyday woes and a chance to make something pretty out of nothing. Just saying that I made something makes me feel good:) Love how you put this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you put those words together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I feel the same way, whenever I get stressed I just want to craft, crochet or read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a lists reason why I write. It sounds very similar to yours. Keep at it. Your soul will thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes! yes, yes and yes. Loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just treasure this post. It speaks to so much of my heart. Your creativity influences other people -- be encouraged! Thanks for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the same way 99% of the time.
    but for some people - art is just...life...it just makes sense.
    the way we see things, feel things, read things...it all flows from that creative place in our hearts.
    without art I would feel so unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very true. thank you for finding the words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very true. thank you for finding the words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully written. I often feel the same way. Also, this photo is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beatutiful words. You ARE a writer already. Keep at it. and thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I reply to comments via email, so make sure you're not a no-reply blogger! xo

 
T I C K L E D Y E L L O W © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat